Skip to main content

Running Medal Display

I have wanted a medal display for awhile now. Every now and then I will browse etsy looking at them, but just can't pay $35-$40 for something that I can make. Last week I had to get wooden dowel rods for a Dr. suess photo booth for school (that is another post). While looking I found a large piece of wood that would work perfectly for what I wanted. You would think with all this scrap wood around here I would have found one already, but I haven't and this one already had the finished edges. I grabbed a packet of screw hooks and a purple paint pen.

Using a ruler, I drew a straight line where I wanted the screws to go. Then I marked every inch and a half for a screw hook. I'll be honest, at first I was screwing them in with my fingers. They started to hurt and I couldn't get them tight. Kev saw what I was doing and told me to use the screw driver to turn it. It made it SO much easier!
All screwed in.
Since we have been snowed in, I used paint that I had here. I chose a metallic spray paint. It's just ok. I sprayed it a few times.
I looked up how to make your own stencils and came across a post telling you to print out the words and them cut out the letters. That shit was hard and took way too long, so I decided to freehand it. 
I was actually pretty easy.
I came across this idea on Pinterest for hanging pictures. It actually works pretty well, however I just put one in the middle and need one on each side. Some medals are heavier than others and it hangs a little lopsided.
The finished product! It's ok. I'm not so happy with the colors, especially for the workout room, but like I said it is what I had here. Plus it gets my medals off the floor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th