Skip to main content

Run 26.2 for Boston

Monday a running friend of mine sent me a Facebook invite for a group forming to run 26.2 miles for the Boston Marathoners. I don't know anyone who ran the race except for SkinnyRunner and I don't know her, I just stalk her blog. But it saddens me to think about the runners and their families waiting at the finish. (Kev is always waiting for me at the finish). I'll never qualify for a big race like Boston, but I do love my half marathons and plan on traveling and running different cities in the years to come. Some big, some small.

As of Monday afternoon I have ran a total of 9 miles for the Boston Marathoners. I have 17.2 to go. Today's run was a wet one. I intended to get five miles in but by mile two I was soaked and it was hard to see out of my glasses, so I turned around and came on home. I managed 3.6 miles. I've never really ran in hard rain before. Boy do your shoes get heavy when they're wet! But I made it. I kept thinking about the conditions the Marathoners trained in and knew I could make it a few more miles in heavy wet shoes.

My college roommate lives in Malaysia now. She posted the pray for Boston sign on Facebook this morning. She saw it in the park this morning while she was running her miles for Boston. I love the fact that worldwide people stand together in the mist of tragedy .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Pinterest

I've been wanting to try these Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups I found on Pinterest. Since Kev's been working out of town, I figured it would be a great dish for this week. I could keep some and he could take the rest with him. (I also made Mexican Cornbread too.) Eating out every meal gets old. Anyways. Here is the original recipe. I changed it up some. I mixed together 15 oz. ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, thawed frozen spinach (squeeze water out of it), and chicken (I always use a rotisserie chicken). Seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic, and a little Italian seasoning. I never measure, just add a palmful until it tastes like I want it to.  Mixture I grabbed a handful of the mixture and spread it onto the noodle and rolled it up. Leave a little space at the end so the mixture doesn't gush out when you roll it up. Once all of them are made, I poured the  tomato sauce  I made yesterday over them. I added a little water to my sauce to thin it o...

Can't Wait to Finally Have a Garage!

This morning it was 28 degrees outside! I warmed my car up for 20 minutes and all the frost still wasn't off the windows. I can't wait til next winter when I will have a garage to park in. Not only for winter months but all months truly. In the fall I always get acorns and leaves stuck in my window. In the summer my car is always covered in bird poop and hot and in spring it's covered in pollen. Just one of the reasons I'm so excited about building a house. Having garage to park in!

A Garage, Some Wires, and a Bunny

I guess I decided it was time to tackle this garage and all of Kev's materials. I still had his tool box to clean out and all his tools. Before During After Still lots of gutter material and junk, but at least it's organized and easy to find. This is what the cords under the TV looked like! Talk about make you crazy. I pout Cody to work get them organized and bond together. I guess I didn't upload the after picture. Indy found a foot to some bird. Too large for chicken, maybe a turkey. I remember rescuing this baby rabbit. I think I found it in the garage. I saved it from the dogs.