Skip to main content

The Proposal!

I can finally reveal my secret. A couple of Fridays ago Kev and I went to talk to the jeweler about making my ring. My grandmother had given me a diamond that could be used as a center stone and his mom gave him her wedding set (his parents are divorced) and another ring with sapphires. So we used six of the sapphires and my grandmother's diamond to make a ring. I think it's so special. His mothers' wedding set had several tiny diamonds that we will use to make my band. We are taking her center stone and three sapphires to make her a pendant.

So. On to the proposal.

I went to happy hour with a friend yesterday after school. Kev texted about 5:15 asking if I was still at On the Border that he was going to be a little late. (He was really making sure I wasn't home or coming home so he could change and get over to the land.) So I stayed and had another margarita. On my way home, I decided to drive by the land. They were supposed to lay the foundation this week, so I wanted to go by and see if there was any progress. (They couldn't because it was below freezing too many days.) Kev called asking what I was doing and I said going by there. He was shocked. I was going to ruin his surprise. He told me that his dad wanted to meet us at the gas station right before you get there. I thought that a little strange since his dad knows where the land is, but I said okay. Well I was right there and thought that Kev was still a few minutes away and I decided to go on by there before I met them.

As I was approaching the land, I saw his truck driving up to where the house is going to be. He never drives up there. We always park along the road. I parked and started walking up the hill. As I got closer I could see that he had on dress shoes and pants. Kev works outside. He wears khakis and boots. That being said, I figured that something was going on, so I turned my back to look at the lake. When I turned around he had flowers in both hands. He gave them to me and proceeded to get down on one knee. He went on to say that he had thought about where to do this and he thought that since we were going to spend the rest of our life together there that he figured it was the best place. Then using my full name he asked me to marry him. I can't even remember if I said yes, I'm sure I did. I literally had to wipe the tears from my eyes to be able to see the ring. After informing all the important people, we sat on his tailgate and drank champagne out of the bottle (He forgot glasses.) while we watched the sunset.
It was absolutely perfect! The place. The purple flowers. The weather (It wasn't cold or rainy yesterday.) The sunset. He even wore his purple shirt. (My favorite color is purple.)
In 7 months I will be Mrs. Carr!! I can't freaking wait!!
He had to change out of his dress shoes. Doesn't he look so cute in his boots?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th