Skip to main content

Frustration

Well I called the water company today because I still haven't heard from them and I sent everything in weeks ago. Well, come to find out they can't find it and I know they had it because a lady called to ask a question about it a week and a half ago. Anyways he said that he could still give me a quote. You need to know that before I bought the property I asked if there was city water readily available. That meant there not 1,000 feet down the road. I was told yes. So when I find out that it's a 1,000 feet down the road and going to cost $28,000, I was speechless. Readily available my ass! Come to find out that is why the person who wanted it before me didn't buy it. I guess they didn't want that happening again, so they told me it was.

Anyways... After I calmed down, I called a good friend of mine who just built out past me to ask her about her well. She told me how to get good pressure and to make sure that I put an oxidizer instead of a chlorinator. She likes her well water way better than the city water they had before. She says it's even good to drink. So I got the name of her well man and I'm going to give him a call later this week.

Kev's dad has worked for our gas company for over 30 years and says that he will go out there tomorrow  and see what he may be able to do. Supposedly they can put in water mains too (That is what was going to be so expensive).

We will see what happens. He is still trying to get an easement for us to use gas from the gated community behind us. I think about how long it has taken for all this to take place since we closed. I'm so ready for everything to be ready and the house to be on it's way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th