Skip to main content

Garage Clean Up

I've been wanting to tackle the garage this summer, but knew it would take a good part of the day and it's so FREAKING HOT I wanted to do it early. It was a mess. Until Kev gets his shop, this is where we will store all of his crap! We have lived on a mud puddle for the last year and we finally got gravel for the whole drive. The garage was full of mud, dust, and dead beetles and I was tired of seeing it. Kev does a great job of keeping his stuff organized, but he has been working 14 hour days and just doesn't have time to worry with this kind of stuff right now. And since I am home for the summer I have 14 hours a day here, by myself and I get bored.

I started by taking everything out. Well almost everything. I left the big stuff. You can see all the mud and junk on the floor. The stairs were also covered in a thick layer of dust.
We have so much crap in there. My mom saved us a set of cabinets she took from her classroom. They bulldozer her school and everything in it. We need to bring them up here. We bought a few garage fast track systems and the metal shelves a while back. We need more.
I used the leaf blower to blow most of the debris and dust out. Then I sprayed it out with the water hose. I used a rag to wipe down the stairs, baseboards, and all the shelves. Yes, I took everything off of them. This is the gutter coil collection.
Everything that came back in got a good dusting or sprayed off. It's still cluttered, but at leaf it is clean and organized. We are hoping to save the money for his shop the is summer. Then we will have room for both vehicles in the garage.
I made him rows to walk down. That way he can easily see what he has and use it instead of buying new. It took a good six hours, but it's not dusty anymore. I can actually walk in there and now feel dirty and hopefully since we have gravel it will stay that way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th