Skip to main content

Snow Day #4 and #5

More snow days! UGH!! I'm over them! Sunday afternoon we to eat a late lunch/early dinner around 3:00. it started sleeting and snowing pretty heavily while we were there. I had even talked Ken into walking around Home girds with me after we ate. Instead we headed straight home. I remember too well last year when my parents and I were caught out in a snow storm.  

It didn't really do much Sunday night, but they canceled school based on what was predicted to come Monday late morning. Kev ran a few errands and I set out to get paint to finish the hutch. While in Home Depot it started snowing pretty hard. I made it home just in time. By the way, the AWD Acadia is a beast on slippery roads. 

I gave the hutch another coat of gray and painted the back red. I still need to get knobs. I was missing a few of the ones that were on it or I would just paint them black.
I also mixed some black paint with the green I bought to make it a little darker for our dresser. I painted on a few coats and put the drawer pulls back on. I LOVE it!! i feel like I have a brand new dresser and it gave it a much needed update.
We managed to get both of the vehicles in the garage. We have way more room since purchased the shelves and fast track system.
Since it was so cold Monday, the snow didn't melt and school was canceled again Tuesday. I got up and watched the birds eat. They are so much fun to watch. I guess I'm getting old. 
Of course Lilly sat by the fire all day.
I was so glad we got snow and not ice! They dogs have had fun playing in it.
We also kept warm cuddling on the couch in front of the fire.
I started this puzzle last week. It FREAKING SUCKS!!! These pieces are ridiculous! It doesn't help that the entire puzzle is shade of brown with a little white. I think I am going to put it away and start another one. My grandpa gave me several puzzles of my grandmother's a couple of years ago. They all  have these crazy pieces!
I may get out another one and try it. we will see… If the weather does what they say, we will get another round of snow tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th