Skip to main content

Recent House Decisions

The cabinet man sent me a picture of a recent job he did with the style and color cabinets I want. I LOVE them! Mine won't have the white sections.
                                             
 Since I was only given 30 minutes notice before meeting the cabinet man, I wasn't fully prepared. I showed him pictures of the outside, but forgot the special drawers and pullouts I wanted.
My bathroom drawer.
Dad will put a plug inside it so I can leave
the curling iron and hair dryer plugged up.
No more unplugging something to plug another thing up!
The pantry will look something like the picture on the right and I will have a pullout spice rack like the picture on the left. All the other kitchen drawers will be pullout too. I will have two lazy susans in the corners.

I also had to make a decision on the exterior colors so we could pick out a roof color. The wood columns will be stained the darkest color on this sample strip.
The cement siding will be medium gray. These are the gray paint samples I picked up from Home Depot. The stone will have both gray and bronze colors Incorporated. My windows will be bronze as well as the metal roof and gutter.

Yesterday I went shopping in the granite graveyard. My dad's granite man keeps all his scrap outside behind his shop. We walked around looking for pieces that were a little over five feet for the guest bath and a little over seven feet for the master. There wasn't enough of anything for the kitchen so I will have to go pick out a slab.
I found this for the guest bath.
This is for the master bath.

And this will be what I use in the kitchen.
As soon as they get the roof on, the heating and air guys can do what they do and we can start the sheetrock!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th