Skip to main content

Wedding Weekend

I took off Thursday and Friday of last week to do wedding stuff. Thursday I picked up our rings, the guy's ties, and ran a few other errands before I headed to Hot Springs. I drove straight to the lake house and unloaded the massive amounts of stuff in my car and went out to the barn. My aunt took off a few days to work on the wedding. 

We hung tons of glass jar lanterns in the big tree we were getting married under.

One of the seating areas. I bough the cutest pillows that are deep purple and ruffled for the benches.

Dad and Spencer built a dance floor.
And we they hung crystal chandeliers in the barn and the tent.
I drove back home Thursday night because I still had to pack my things. Friday morning consisted of setting up tables and chairs and getting my nails done.
I called one of the best day spas in hot springs and made an appointment. She did an AWFUL job!! I cried when I got in the car. I admit, they were in terrible shape. Peeling. Some short, some longer. I told her not to file them all down to make them the same but just shape each one up. Well she filed every. one. of. my. nails. to. the. nub! And she got shellac all over my cuticles.

Long story short, I went back the next morning and the experienced lady fixed them.

Hanging out in the hammock Friday night.

Saturday morning I was up early getting my nails fixed. Around noon I left to get my hair done and it had started raining!!!! Not hard, but a steady sprinkle. It never cleared up. Good thing we had a cabin there to get ready in. The front porch was huge and covered so we did most of out pictures there. in the couple of hours before the ceremony, the rain had let up. By ceremony time it was a light mist. My aunt called to ask what I wanted to do. Walk the aisle or get under the tent? She said my guests didn't care either way, so I walked the aisle. 
Bringing my dress into the cabin.


Rewriting my vows.
Even though it rained lightly most of the night, I had a blast at my wedding. I feel that most people left a little earlier with the rain than they would have if it was clear. I enjoyed dancing with my friends and mingling with my guests. The food was amazing!
Smores Bar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th