Skip to main content

I'm READY for a Day Off!

We have spent the last three weekends working both Saturday and Sunday sunup to sundown on the house. Which I don't mind. In ready for it to be done, but I'm freaking exhausted!! I just want one day to sleep in and not have a thing to do. I guess that's why people go on honeymoon. Between last minute wedding errand, going to Lowe's or Home Depot daily, and teaching school; I am running constantly. When I really need to be doing some real running. I have two halves coming up in December and I've not gotten one long run in. I've not even got my short runs in.

Anyways, here's your weekend house update. 

Saturday...

  • Painted the patched hole in the office
  • Puttied nail holes in all the trim except crown molding (I have to do that this week one night.)
  • Put shelves on in the living room and closet
  • Vacuumed saw dust
  • Tore paper out of finished rooms
  • Started laying stone on the fireplace

Shoe shelves in master closet!! I'm very excited. I will still have to change out shoes for the seasons, but they will have a real rack. Changing them out actually helps keep the dust off.

The fireplace before.
The fireplace after.
Mom using the saw. We also had a hand-held rotary saw that we used to cut curves and notches. It was a little scary at first, but I got the hang of it.
Sunday the whole family came out. Kev's dad included. (He worked over there all day Saturday too. We rented a backhoe for the weekend (Got a steal!), so he moved dirt all weekend.

Kev and our dads did dirt work and dug trenches. We had to run water from the well to the house along with electricity. Kev wanted conduit ran to his shop for future electricity and he wanted french drains for the downspouts to run into. We needed to take water always from the house, especially in the back where it's going to be mostly concrete.

Spencer came up to finish the master shower and tub. All he has left to do is the floor and grout.
Mom and I finished the fireplace and started on the outside. I also started painting the back doors dark walnut to match the trim. I gave up because the sun was setting in my eyes. I will do it one night this week after the sun has set.

This week...
  • The plumber is coming to install toilets and tun and get the water flowing to everything. 
  • The septic man will come finish the septic system.
  • The granite man is installing counters and sinks.
  • The electrician will come in at the end of the week and put up all the lighting fixtures.
  • Spencer will finish the bathroom and hopefully start on the backsplash and dog shower.
  • Someone will put on door knobs. Mom and I tried today and could not figure them out. I did get door stoppers put on.


I plan on ...
  • Finishing the back doors.
  • Painting the sheetrock above the fireplace that was added after painting.
  • Putting a second coat of pioant on the master walls. I had a terrible touch up problem. It left a very noticable line. I've got to blend it in.
  • Go buy appliances.
  • buy floodlights, outside garge post lights, garage light, closet rods, more shelf brackets, and no telling what else will be added later this week.
  • Putty crown molding holes.
If all goes as planned the inside should be complete this weekend. I can start moving in as soon as it is finished. I was given clearance to move in and let them know when the outside was complete, so they could send out appraisers and get the mortgage set up. Yes we will move the same week as the wedding. I so tried to avoid this but things happen. What can you do?


Along with all that I have to find time to...
  • Finalize wedding music.
  • Finish parent confence forms.
  • Run/workout
Like I said, I am READY for a day off. We are spending the weekend after the weeding in a cabin in Northwest Arkansas. I can't wait!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th