Skip to main content

House Plans

For weeks I searched high and low for the perfect house and floor plan. Well it doesn't exist! I would find outsides I loved, but they would have the worst layout or they would be gagillion square feet. I definitely want space. I've lived in a 960 square foot house for eight years. But I don't need tons of space and I sure don't want that much space to clean. I will never have anyone one clean my house. I love cleaning and I don't trust anyone to clean like me. Anyways, after weeks of searching I found a floor plan that I mostly liked and an outside that would match it. Here is my custom version of the layout I liked. I moved a couple of doors, added a wall, and changed the layout of the kitchen and master bath. It works and it's 1,600 square feet. Perfect! The original layout included an open dining area. I added a wall and sliding barn door to make it my workout room. I will be so happy to have the treadmill, ballet barre and weights all in the same place and out if the way.

I still haven't closed! The weather after Christmas set us back a few days. Then it took them a freaking long time to get the survey completed. I don't know what took so freaking long. But it should be this week. Dad will have to come up here next week and decide where the house is going to sit and on what kind of foundation. I'm thinking I'll need a split level because of the slope, but maybe not. I'm not the expert. Hopefully we can start cutting trees down soon. I'm so ready to get this show in the road. I've got a one year plan, that I'm not sharing, and I want to be moved in before school starts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th