Skip to main content

Inspired by Pinterest

I've been wanting to try these Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups I found on Pinterest. Since Kev's been working out of town, I figured it would be a great dish for this week. I could keep some and he could take the rest with him. (I also made Mexican Cornbread too.) Eating out every meal gets old.

Anyways. Here is the original recipe. I changed it up some. I mixed together 15 oz. ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, thawed frozen spinach (squeeze water out of it), and chicken (I always use a rotisserie chicken). Seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic, and a little Italian seasoning. I never measure, just add a palmful until it tastes like I want it to. 
Mixture
I grabbed a handful of the mixture and spread it onto the noodle and rolled it up. Leave a little space at the end so the mixture doesn't gush out when you roll it up.
Once all of them are made, I poured the tomato sauce I made yesterday over them. I added a little water to my sauce to thin it out. Then cover with foil and bake on 400 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle extra cheese on top and cook uncovered until melted. I can't wait to try them. It made 13 roll ups. I could have probably gotten 15 but I stuffed them full.
I had extra noodles left so I'm going to try to find something creative to do with them this week. And that's a whole other post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th