Skip to main content

Canton

My Mom and I went to Canton for my Birthday! I had never been and really wanted to go and since my birthday last year was not the happiest, we decided to go for it. I love it! We left at 5:00 Friday morning we were shopping by 10:00.  We started with booths outside. It was more like a flea market. The building had boutiques and stores with furniture already refinished. The paths winded around until we were back at the front. We felt like we missed the whole middle, but we didn't have a map. Since it was scorching hot, we walked through the buildings. We shopped until about 3:00 and decided to have an early dinner at teh worst Mexican place ever. We were in bed asleep by 8:00. 
 
 We arrived at the gate Saturday before 8:00. Our plan was to see the outside middle sections that we missed and head towards the other buildings in the afternoon when it got hot. The shopping mood had come over us. We took the cart back to the van three times.

Some of the things I bought. The first picture is a wooden bowl with iron stand that I placed on the dining room hutch. The second is a hog for the flower bed. The wood and iron wall piece is for our master bath. I found this refinished dresser for cheap Saturday afternoon. Everyone was marking down items becasue they didn't wan to load it back up. We needed a dresser for the closet. The bottom pictures are an earring /necklace holder I made with an old wooden frame I found for $5.00.
We had to drive into the ground in order to pick up the dresser. When we were finished at 2:00, it was really busy and we didn't feel comfortable driving in there yet. So we decide to kill of time at Paul Michael. I love browsing that store. Most things are too expensive for me, but I can always look. They had a huge area with furniture galore. Several farmhouse table like I want to make, so I snapped a few pictures of iron legs that I like. I know a couple of welders that can make legs for me.
I loved this copper top table and it was $4,000!
 
The van on our ways home. It was loaded down.

We had so much fun and are already planning our next trip. I think we are addicted to flea markets and Pinterest!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th