Skip to main content

MORE Snow Days and the Weekend

Winter seriously needs to go AWAY!!!!! We had another round of winter come through late Wednesday afternoon. Little Rock got a total of 5 1/2 inches. I think that two of those inches were ice and the rest snow. This will make eight days we have been out for inclement weather.  I was not as productive this time around as I have been the last two. We watched three movies. Lucy was one of them. It was kind of odd, but I liked it. Kev watched Foxcathcher. I didn't really get into it. We also watched the Skelton Key. 
I messed up our pizza the other day and turned it into Stomboli. I made it on the cutting board since I was letting the pizza stone get hot. I thought it would slide off the cutting board, but it didn't, so I just rolled it up.  It still tasted great!
We've  been cleaning out the fridge and freezer, so our meals have been interesting. I can't believe this time next week we will be in Ireland. We're so FREAKING excited! I have taken advantage of the snow days and started getting outfits together and packing. I still need to go buy a pair of rain boots. The ones I have are more for work ing in the muddy yard. So far the weather while we are in Dublin for the St. Patrick's Day Festival is going to be dry. The rest of the time looks rainy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th