Skip to main content

Freezer Meals


I just spent two days preparing over 30 meals. With school about to start and going to Jazzercise after work everyday, I wanted some easy dinners. The freezer meat stock was getting low, so I needed to stock up anyways. I bought most of my veggies and meat from Sam's. I did hit Kroger up for a few meats they had on sale this week. Here is a list of meals I made. I figured if I documented them hear they would be easier to find in the future. Some were recipes I had already and the others I linked. 


3- Chicken Spaghettis

2- Italian Sausage Lasagnas
2- Meatloaves
1- Chicken Pot Pies
2- Chicken Enchiladas
1- Cranberry Pork with Green Beans
1- Cranberry Chicken with Green Beans
1- BBQ Country Pork Ribs
1- Cranberry Apple Pork Loin with Carrots
1- Sweet and Sour Curried Pork Loin
1- Honey Garlic Chicken with Green Beans
1- Chicken with Spinach and Mushrooms
1- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
3- Bags of Chili
8- Chicken, Black Bean, Spinach, and Rice Burritos
6- Hamburger Patties
5- Grilled Chicken Breasts
       * Slice them and put them on top of a salad
       * Chop them, quickly saute in a little oil and put inside quesadillas.
       * Leave them whole and put them inside panini.
1- Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce
2- Ground Beef Starters (I can use these for tacos, stroganoff, sloppy joes, or Mexican cornbread)
1- Dozen Banana Nut Muffins

Total of 26 meals along with chicken for quick meals and burritos for lunch. 

I used this Cream of Mushroom recipe for any dish that called for it. I'm really trying to eliminate processed foods.


Here is a link to Southern Living Food Website for freezer tips

Tips and Recipes from the Pioneer Woman

Will we eat these every night? Probably not. These meals will probably last us two months total, if you take out a couple of nights a month to eat out, making fresh meals in between, and cooking fish. But it gives me an easy meal every other night for about two months. Totally worth it to me! I also found it to be cheaper. I bought carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, tomato sauce, canned organic tomatoes, and onion in bulk. I used about half of everything. Some I will roast or sauté for sides this week. If there's a lot left and I need to use them, I will freeze the rest. 
I will definitely be doing this again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th