Skip to main content

Branson Christmas

My mom decided she wanted to get away for Christmas this year. It's the first Christmas without my grandmother and it has been hard on everyone. My brother, his finance, and her son went with us to Branson. Mom wanted to go see the lights at Silver Dollar City and shop the outlet malls.

We left out early Tuesday morning and arrived around 1:00. We changed into very warm clothes and headed to Silver Dollar City. We had just enough time to ride a few roller coasters before the Christmas Tree lighting and parade.

I've not rider a roller coaster in years. I look terrified, but it was a blast!
Our Silver Dollar City Selfie.
Everything was lit up. It was beautiful!
Drinking hot chocolate and watching the tree lighting. They told the Christmas story right before lighting the tree.
These were my favorite trees. They had these really neat icicles that lit up hanging all over them.
The Rudolf Parade was pretty short, but the floats we amazing!
I loved these snow globe outfits.

When we left Silver Dollar City, we drove through the Trail of lights. Honestly it was not worth the $12 a person they charged. There were a few really nice displays, but some were missing lots of lights. One display the n and t in santa didn't even show up.

This was a cute beachy display.
Gingerbread children playing.
We woke up Christmas Eve morning and had breakfast and opened presents. Mom decided she did want to be home Christmas morning, so ewe loaded everything up. Kev and I did stay and shop the outlet malls. We got home about 9:00 that night. It was fun to get away for the night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th