Skip to main content

Weekend Yard Work

We spent Memorial Weekend working in the yard. Saturday night we made a trip to Tractor Supply tostock up on weed/poison ivy killer, spider spray, and seven dust. after laying around for a few hours Sunday morning, we got started. Kev sprayed for spiders first. I've seen way too many for my liking in and around the house. I mean we do basically live in the woods. While he did that I sanded and spray painted two lounge chairs I bought from a friend. This is the before slightly rusted and a red table.
This is the after. I found these cushions at Garden Ridge. Talk about overwhelming, they had twelve rows of cushions and a back wall full. I'm not kidding you. I've been looking online at a few places and there really isn't much variety and any one store. These are the pillows that I made for the chairs. I need to make a few more.

We also cleared out several small trees in the back yard.
We have four huge burn piles. We can actually see parts of the lake now, but we can't see the houses and they can't see us!
Now if we can get all the brush to die. We sprayed with some ultra round up, but nothings dieting. It may have to do with all the rain we have gotten in the last week. It's rained every single freaking day!! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th