Skip to main content

Projects and Summer Canning

I've felt a little nauseous lately. Saturday night we went to see Jurassic World in 3D and the motion made me a little woosie. Then this morning, I went into summer school, ate my usual breakfast of strawberries and cottage cheese and suddenly felt sick and threw it back up. I walked around to visit some rooms, the whole time feeling yucky. I was sent home to rest. Around noon I felt a little better and was able to keep down a few Triscits.  I got up and started making salsa while I watched City of Ember and Grace is Gone.
I wanted a little more flavor and spice this year, so I found a different recipe.  Here is last years recipe. Once again i didn't follow the recipe to a tee. I added Jalapeno peppers and real garlic. I like how it used purple, white, and sweet onions. I also used brown sugar and a little tomato paste.

I had eight pounds of tomatoes left after making one batch of salsa and wanted to try something different. I found a recipe for BBQ sauce.  I used this recipe from the Ball website. It was not spicy enough. I added Chipotle Chili powder and lots of Paprika. It didn't really thicken up like I wanted, but the flavor is great!

While to Salsa and BBQ sauce were cooking down, I painted our liquor cabinet red. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but just haven't been very motivated.
This is the same red that matches the couch and hutch. I love it! It really gave that wall of brown woods a pop of color.
 I have got to get the trees to the mill this winter  so I can start making my table. My cousin welds and can make me legs. I think it will really change the look of this whole area. I love my dining table now and I have had it for over 10 years, but it's just not the look I am going for anymore.
It will be similar to this. I want my legs a little more modern and my table top will be about three inches thick. I will find some cute fabric chairs to go around it. 

That's my busy day. I'm trying to accomplish at least one project a day this summer. Tomorrows project needs to be putting away laundry!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th