Skip to main content

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

While the crazies were shopping today, Black Friday, I decided to get out the Christmas decorations. I absolutely love decorating for Christmas. I have two trees in my attic, but I only have the room for one. When I got my own place in college my grandmother gave me a pencil tree she used for twenty plus years in her old home. It's still a beautiful tree (it needs a new stable base), I bought a bigger one a couple of years ago. So now I have two trees.

Anyways... As I was decorating this year I kept thinking about this being the last year I decorate this house. I'm looking forward to having the room to put up multiple trees in my new house and even putting up one on the porch outside. Over the years I have collected tons of ornaments that I do not use anymore and want to use. When I first tree decorating years I decorated with snowmen and have enough snowmen ornaments for a snowman tree. Then I used purple ornaments for several years so I can have a purple tree too. Right now I am using red ornaments, along with my shoe ornament collection and all my special ornaments.

Yes I have a slight obsession with shoe ornaments too!
Here's my small collection. 


Last year my mom made me a wreathe with all kinds of fabulous shoes on it.


So here's the finished product.


Tree


Mantle


Dining room table arrangement.



Hutch in dining room.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th