Skip to main content

Chicken Lady

I finally got chickens!! A friend gave them to me because she moved into the city limits and could not take them with her. I volunteered to take them since I've been wanting some. 

 
This is the picture she sent of the coop. I told her I needed the coop too because I have way too many projects going to add building a coop to the list. I will need to level it and add to the run, but it's a good start. Mom and dad came up to help me move it. He had to take the egg box off along with the doors and walls of the hen house. Once most of the weight was off we used the dolly to roll it out of the gate. 


My first egg! She couldn't even wait until the coop was put back together. 
   
They have plenty of room to roam and bugs to eat. 

I'm excited to see what the chicken life is all about.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Merchandise

It's football season and Walmart has all their Razorback merchandise out. I was browsing the aisle the other day and saw these. I immediately thought whiskey! A great way to sneak liquor into the stadium. Of course the back says intended for water only. Yeah right! No one looks at this and says water.

And a Roof

They finished the roof up today! Back of the house. Front of the house. They use these to hold the plywood together.

Floating the Caddo River

We floated the Caddo River with some friends Saturday. The scenery was beautiful and the water was flowing nicely. It took us a little over four hours and we only flipped the canoe once.  We came to some quick rapids and very low trees. While trying to duck under the trees, so our heads didn't get knocked off, we both leaned too far and there we went. Luckily everything was in dry bags and tied down. Well, almost everything. Kev was trying to put his phone back into the dry box but didn't get to it fast enough. His phone got wet, but seems to work ok after sitting in a bag of rice for a few days. I didn't have my shoes strapped tight so they slid off. A friend in front of us managed to grab one shoe and one paddle. We carefully walked the canoe across the rapid and dumped the water out. I will admit I was pissed off about my shoe. I didn't talk to Kev for awhile. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wanted to be mad at someone. He promised he would replace th